Active ingredient: Maprotiline (maprotiline)
Analogs: Ludomil, Flexyx, Ladiomil.
Maprotiline belongs to the group of tetracyclic antidepressants, while possessing a large number of properties inherent in tricyclics. The spectrum of its action is very well balanced, the drug improves mood, relieves excitement, psychomotor retardation and eliminates anxiety. In addition, Maprotiline is able to have beneficial effects on the manifestations of somatic nature with masked depression. The drug inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex, with little or no significant effect on the secondary capture of serotonin. In general, maprotiline has a pronounced antidepressant effect, together with an anti-anxiety and mild sedative effect. The most effective in dealing with the circular forms of depression, namely with such manifestations as thoughts of own insignificance, low value, feelings of anguish and guilt. Works well as a means to get rid of suicidal ideation. The drug can be successfully used in adolescent and even children's practice of treating depressive conditions. Effective in the presence of a protracted form of depression, resistant to therapy.
Patients tend to tolerate maprotiline well, as it has significantly fewer side effects than tricyclic antidepressants.
Indications for use:
- Treatment of involutional as well as endogenous depressions;
- Treatment of depressions of exhaustion, psychogenic, reactive, and also neurotic depressions;
- Treatment of somatogenic depressions;
- Treatment of masked depressions;
- Treatment of climacteric (menopausal depressions);
- Treatment of other depressive mood disorders that have a corresponding symptomatology;
- Irritability or dysphoria, anxiety;
- Apathy states (especially in elderly people);
- Complaints of a somatic and psychosomatic nature in depression with or without anxiety.
- The drug is not allowed for people with epilepsy;
- States that cause increased convulsive activity;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug and tricyclic antidepressants;
- Closed-angle glaucoma;
- Myocardial infarction in acute stage;
- Adenoma of the prostate (and other diseases that cause a delay in the outflow of urine);
- Expressed violations of the liver and kidneys.
In addition, do not use maprotiline in women during pregnancy and lactation, as well as people in a state of alcohol poisoning and poisoning with psychotropic / hypnotic drugs. Maprotiline is not taken during treatment with MAO inhibitors.
Dosage and administration: The tablets of the drug must be taken, swallowed whole and washed down with plenty of water.
Dosage should be determined, trying to take into account the patient's reaction to taking the drug as much as possible, as well as the patient's condition. It is necessary to strive to achieve a therapeutic effect, using as sparing a dosage regimen as possible. Patients should remember that exceeding the daily dose of 150 mg is not recommended. For treatment of moderate and moderate depression, "Ludiomil " is taken in an amount of 25 to 75 mg per day. The dose can be divided into several receptions (usually up to 3).
In cases of severe depression it is recommended to start taking the drug with the same 75 mg / day, however, if necessary, the dosage may increase to the maximum (150 mg / day).
In cases of increased severity, maprotiline is administered intravenously, determining a minimum dosage of 25-50 mg / day. This dose can be increased up to the maximum in case of lack of adequate effect.
Children should take maprotiline with caution, the dosage of adolescents, if necessary, can be equal to the dosing regimen for adult patients. In the event that treatment with maprotiline gives tangible results, it makes sense to gradually reduce the dosage. If this is followed by worsening of the patient's condition, the previous dosage regimen should be immediately restored.
Side effects: The most frequent of them: nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, anxiety. It is not always possible to clearly distinguish the side effects of maprotiline and the symptoms of depression itself.
Storage conditions: Store the drug in a place inaccessible to children at temperatures not exceeding 30 ° C.
Terms of selling from the pharmacy: Without a prescription.