The active substance of the drug: non appropriate
Encoding ATX: N06BX Nootropic drug
Pharmacological action of Fenotropil
Fenotropil - Nootropic preparation. By the mechanism of action is a neuromodulator, it acts on the majority of neurotransmitter systems of the brain. Has a pronounced antiamnestic effect, activates the integrative activity of the brain, promotes memory consolidation, improves concentration and mental activity, facilitates learning processes, accelerates the transfer of information between the cerebral hemispheres, increases the resistance of brain tissue to hypoxia and toxic effects, has anticonvulsant action and anxiolytic activity , regulates the processes of activation and inhibition of the central nervous system, improves mood.
Fenotropil has a positive effect on the metabolic processes and blood circulation of the brain, stimulates redox processes, increases the energy potential of the body through the utilization of glucose, improves regional blood flow in the ischemic areas of the brain. Increases the content of norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin in the brain.
Does not affect the level of GABA, does not bind to GABAA- and GABAB receptors, does not have a significant effect on spontaneous bioelectrical activity of the brain.
Fenotropil has no effect on respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Has a weakly diuretic effect. Possesses anorexigenic activity in course use.
Fenotropil has a moderately activating effect on motor reactions, improves physical performance, has a pronounced antagonism with respect to the catalepsy effect of neuroleptics, reduces the severity of the hypnotics of ethanol and hexenal.
Psycho-stimulating effect of phenothropylate predominates in the ideator sphere. Moderate psychoactivating effect of the drug is combined with anxiolytic activity. Fenotropil improves mood, analgesic effect, raising the threshold of pain sensitivity.
Fenotropil has an adaptogenic effect, increasing the body's resistance to stress in conditions of increased mental and physical loads, fatigue, hypokinesia and immobilization, at low temperatures.
Against the background of the use of Fenotropil noted improvement in vision (increased acuity, brightness and fields of vision).
Fenotropil improves the blood supply of the lower extremities.
Fenotropil stimulates the production of antibodies in response to antigen administration, which indicates its immunostimulatory properties, but at the same time does not cause immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions and does not change the allergic skin inflammatory reaction caused by the introduction of a foreign protein.
In the course of the use of Fenotropil, drug dependence and tolerance do not develop. When the drug was withdrawn, there was no development of withdrawal syndrome.
The action of Fenotropil appears after a single dose, which is important when using the drug in extreme conditions.
Fenotropil - Indications for use:
- Diseases of the central nervous system of various genesis, especially diseases of vascular genesis or associated with impaired metabolic processes in the brain and intoxication (in particular, in posttraumatic states and chronic cerebrovascular insufficiency), accompanied by impaired intellectual and mnestic functions, decreased motor activity;
- neurotic states, manifested by lethargy, increased exhaustion, decreased psychomotor activity, impaired attention, memory impairment;
- Violations of learning processes;
- Depression of mild and moderate severity;
- psycho-organic syndromes, manifested by intellectual-mnestic disorders and apatiko-abulic symptoms, as well as flaccid states in schizophrenia;
- convulsive conditions;
- obesity (alimentary-constitutional genesis);
- Prevention of hypoxia, increased resistance to stress;
- correction of the functional state of the organism in extreme conditions of professional activity with the purpose of preventing the development of fatigue and increasing mental and physical performance;
- correction of daily biorhythm, regulation of the cycle "sleep-wakefulness";
- chronic alcoholism (in order to reduce the symptoms of asthenia, depression, intellectual-mnestic disorders).
Fenotropil Dosage and route of administration.
Dosage is set individually.
The average single dose is 100-200 mg, the average daily dose is 200-300 mg. The maximum daily dose is 750 mg. Multiplicity of admission - 1-2 times / day.
A daily dose of more than 100 mg is recommended to be divided into 2 divided doses. Duration of treatment - from 2 weeks to 3 months. The average course of treatment is 30 days. If necessary, appoint a second course of treatment in a month.
To improve performance, 100-200 mg 1 time / day in the morning for 2 weeks (for athletes - for 3 days).
In case of alimentary-constitutional obesity, 100-200 mg 1 time / day in the morning for 30-60 days.
Fenotropil is taken orally after a meal.
It is not recommended to take Fenotropil after 15 hours.
Special instructions for the use of Fenotropil.
Caution should be given to the drug Fenotropil to patients with severe organic lesions of the liver and kidneys, severe course of arterial hypertension, with severe atherosclerosis; patients with panic attacks, acute psychotic conditions accompanied by psychomotor agitation (as possible aggravation of anxiety, panic, hallucinations and delusions); patients prone to allergic reactions to nootropic drugs of the pyrrolidone group.
It should be borne in mind that with excessive psychoemotional exhaustion on the background of chronic stress and fatigue, chronic insomnia, a single dose of Fenotropil in the first day can cause a sharp need for sleep. Such patients in outpatient settings are advised to start taking the drug on non-working days.
Use in Pediatrics
Fentotropil is not recommended for children due to the lack of clinical data on the use of the drug in children.