Instruction for use: Pantogam SyrupI want this, give me price
Trade name of the drug - PantogamŽ
The international non-proprietary name - hopantenic acid
Dosage form - syrup
Description.A colorless or slightly yellow liquid with a cherry scent
Pantogamum - 10.0 g of glycerol, sorbitol, citric acid, sodium benzoate, aspartame, flavor, purified water - 100 ml.
Pharmacotherapeutic group - nootropics
ATS- Code [N06BX]
Pharmacological Properties of Pantogam
Pharmacodynamics. The spectrum of Pantogam action due to the presence in its structure of gamma-aminobutyric acid. The mechanism of action is due to the direct influence on Pantogam GABA B - receptor channel complex. The drug has neuroprotective and anticonvulsant effect. Pantogam increases brain resistance to hypoxia and exposure to toxic substances, stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, combines moderate sedation with a mild stimulating effect, reduces the excitability of the motor, it activates the mental and physical performance. Improves GABA metabolism in chronic alcohol intoxication and after ethanol withdrawal. Is able to inhibit the acetylation reaction involved in the mechanisms of inactivation of novocaine and sulfonamides, and thus a prolonging action of the latter. It causes inhibition of pathologically elevated cystic and reflex detrusor tone.
Pharmacokinetics. Pantogam rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, penetrates the blood-brain barrier, the largest concentrations are in the liver, the kidneys, the stomach wall and into the skin. The drug is not metabolized and is excreted unchanged within 48 hours: 67.5% of the dose is excreted by the kidneys, 28.5% is excreted in the faeces.
- children with perinatal encephalopathy c first days of life;
- various forms of cerebral palsy;
- mental retardation of varying severity, including those with behavioral disorders;
- violation of the psychological status of children in the form of general mental retardation, specific language impairment, motor functions, and combinations thereof, forming school skills (reading, writing, numeracy, and others.);
- hyperkinetic disorders, including hyperactive syndrome, attention deficit;
- neurosis-like states (stuttering, mainly clonic form, ticks, inorganic encopresis and enuresis);
- reduction mnestiko-intellectual productivity as a result of arteriosclerotic changes in cerebral vessels, with the initial forms of senile dementia, organic brain lesions of traumatic, toxic, neuroinfec- genesis;
- schizophrenia with cerebral organic insufficiency (in conjunction with psychotropic drugs);
- extrapyramidal disorders in organic brain diseases (myoclonus epilepsy, Huntington's chorea, hepatolenticular degeneration, Parkinson's disease, and others.), as well as for the treatment and prevention of extrapyramidal syndrome induced by neuroleptics;
- epilepsy with mental retardation processes and the reduction of cognitive efficiency, together with anticonvulsants;
- psycho-emotional overload, reduced mental and physical performance, to improve concentration and memory;
- neurogenic bladder disorders (pollakiuria, urgency, imperative urinary incontinence).
- Hypersensitivity to the drug, acute severe kidney disease, pregnancy (1 term).
Dosing and Administration
Pantogam syrup 10% is taken orally 15-30 minutes after eating. Single dose for adults is usually 2.5 - 10 ml (0.25 - 1 g) for children - 2.5 - 5 ml (0.25 - 0.5 g); daily dose for adults - 15 to 30 mL (1.5 - 3 g) for children - 7.5 - 30 ml (0.75 - 3 g). The course of treatment - 1 - 4 months, sometimes up to 6 months. After 3 - 6 months is possible to conduct re-treatment.
Children, depending on the age and disease of the nervous system, the recommended dose range: first, the children - 5 - 10 ml (0.5 - 1g) per day, up to 3 years - 5 - 12.5 ml (0.5 - 1.25 g) per day, children from 3 to 7 years - 7.5-15 ml (0.75 - 1.5 g), older than 7 years - 10 - 20 ml (1 - 2 years). Tactics of treatment involves escalating the dose within 7 - 12 days, receive a maximum dose for 15 - 40 or more days with a gradual reduction in dose for 7 - 8 days. The course of treatment - 30 - 90 days (with certain diseases to 6 months or more).
In schizophrenia in combination with psychotropic drugs - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 grams) per day. The course of treatment - from 1 to 3 months. In epilepsy in combination with anticonvulsants - at a dose of 7.5 to 10 ml (0.75 - 1 g) per day. The course of treatment - up to 1 year or more. When neuroleptic syndrome accompanied by extrapyramidal disorders daily dose - and 30 ml (3 g) was treated for several months. When extrapyramidal hyperkinesis in patients with organic diseases of the nervous system - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 grams) per day. The course of treatment - up to 4 months or more.
When neuroinfections consequences and traumatic brain injuries - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5 - 3 grams) per day.
To restore efficiency at high loads and asthenic conditions Pantogamum appoint 2,5 - 5 ml (0.25 -0.5 g) 3 times a day.
When urination disorders children - 2.5 - 5 ml (0.25 - 0.5 g), the daily dose is 25 - 50 mg / kg treatment 1 - 3 months .; adults - 5 - 10 ml (0.5 - 1g) 2 - 3 times per day.
In the context of long-term treatment is not recommended to co-administration of the drug with other nootropic and stimulating agents. In view of its nootropic action of the drug intake is preferably carried out in the morning and afternoon hours.
Side effect of Pantogam
Allergic reactions (rhinitis, conjunctivitis, skin rashes). In this case, reduce the dose or cancel the drug. Sleep disturbances or drowsiness, noise in my head - usually short-lived and do not require discontinuation of therapy.
Increased symptoms of side effects. Treatment: activated charcoal, gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy.
Interaction with other drugs
Prolonging effect of barbiturates, enhances the effect of anticonvulsants to prevent side effects of phenobarbital, carbamazepine, neuroleptics. Pantogam effect is enhanced in combination with glycine, Xidifon. Potentiates the action of local anesthetics (novocaine).
Syrup 10% in 100 ml bottles in a dark glass, sealed with aluminum caps or screw-capped plastic. Each vial with measuring spoon nominal volume of 5 ml and the notch marked "1/2" (which corresponds to 2.5 ml) or nominal measuring spoon of 5 ml of the risks with the marking "1/4" and "1/2 "(corresponding to 1.25 ml and 2.5 ml) with instructions for use placed in a pile of cardboard.
In the dark place at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C.
Keep out of reach of children.
2 years. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.
Conditions of supply of pharmacies.